First Stone Ministries is excited to announce our new offering of hope and freedom, "LIVING FREE!"
When We Meet
The 2020-2021 program will begin October 22 and conclude by the end of May 2021 (depending on weather conditions). Living Free will meet on Thursday nights from 7-10pm. We ask everyone to arrive by 6:50pm each group night.
The program is at least 24+ weeks in length, with holiday breaks additionally provided. On the application, you will be asked if you can commit to coming to each and every meeting, unless an emergency/sickness keeps you unable to attend.
In the case of an absence, audio recordings of teachings will be made available via a custom shared folder link each program year.
Homework is a part of the program and it will be up to the participant to complete each week's assignment. There are also 2 small group socialization nights, one in the Fall and one in the Spring, which are part of the schedule.
Are you ready for this program? Are you ready to make a commitment?
The following are some guidelines to help you decide if you are ready.
1) A desire to know Jesus Christ in a more personal, devoted and intimate way.
2) A desire to allow Jesus to reveal His intended created purposes for your sexuality.
3) A willingness to face the sinfulness of your present state and the painful realities of
where you are and what brought you to the place that you are at now. This program is designed to help deal with all the broken and hurtful relationships of your life.
4) A willingness and a need to be open in a godly environment with the other group
members about your emotions, sexual feelings, practices, and how you feel about your sexuality and identity.
5) A willingness to receive the healing ministry of the Holy Spirit in all the areas of your life, but especially in the area of your relationships, your sexuality and identity.
6) A desire to walk free from all sexual and relational bondage and find true fulfillment
in a loving relationship with Jesus Christ and His community and His desire for you to have holy relationships.
7) A commitment to God the Father, the Lord Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and to the other members of the group. This commitment is to continue through the entire program, with an understanding to develop further healthy relationships with others in the Body of Christ and in His community of believers.
Topics of Discovery in the Journey of Living Free
- Born Again? The Importance of Having The Assurance Of Salvation
- Image Bearers – Created in The Image of God – Imago Dei
- Coram Deo – Living in the Presence of God
- Knowing Jesus as The Son of God – The Creator
- Knowing The Passion of Jesus
- The Father’s Love and Personal Devoted Love of Jesus
- How We Have Been Wounded and Sin Against
- Father Wound
- Mother wound
- Rooted Lies in Gender Development: Laying the Ax
- Idols (Idolatry of the Heart and Orientation of Affections)
- Pulling Down Strongholds
- Gaining Clear Thinking & Integrity
- The Beauty of Honoring
- Bitterroot judgments
- Healing of Abuse
- Spiritual Warfare Around the Words of Self-talk, Inner-Wows, and Curses.
- Understanding the Anatomy of Temptation & The Theology of Temptation
- How to Practice Warfare
- Praying in The Holy Spirit
- 'Gay Christianity' and Theology – Why Many Fall Away – Orientation/ Unnatural Affections
- LIVING IN COMMUNITY – Honoring the Church of Jesus Christ
- A.B.S. = Accountability, Boundaries, and a Spiritually Devoted Life
Each chapter will include practical steps of living free, questions for discussion, scripture meditation & memorization, and testimonials of hope.
The cost is $300.00 for new participants, and $150.00 for returning alumni (plus the cost of new required materials*). There is no refund of the cost of the program once the program has begun as your place cannot be filled as is a closed group environment. At your interview, you will be asked to pay for the cost of the required reading material. This program payment will be refunded if you aren't accepted into the program.
Requests for either a payment plan or scholarships must be in writing with a thorough explanation for the request. Prior to asking First Stone Ministries for a scholarship, we ask that you inquire of family/loved ones or your home church. We do want to be able to give scholarships to as many as possible, but we will be limited to the number that we can give. Payments can be in any amount and any interval so long as the balance is paid in full by the end of the program. We offer auto-payment via banking or credit card accounts; forms will be made available. Scholarships are available on a case by case review. We want all those that need the program to attend regardless of funds available.
What does the cost cover? And what are other costs to expect?
This includes the cost of all the materials - books, workbooks and supplemental handouts. Your payment also covers the cost of a closing banquet provided at the end of the program. Offerings are taken weekly to give participants the opportunity to help support the work of First Stone Ministries and to continue to expand Living Free.
How do I participate?
Living Free requires an application process.
A PDF application is available below or you may write, call, or email us for an application to be mailed to you. There are a limited number of participant slots available so please apply as soon as possible.
Personal Interview upon receipt and review of your application.
Once we have received your application, someone from FSM will contact you to schedule an interview with a staff member to go over your application and get to know you and your needs. We also want to give you an opportunity to ask any questions that you may have of us about the program and what you can expect from the program and from leadership.
How do I know if I have been accepted?
You will be sent an email by one of the program coordinators informing you of your acceptance and further instruction. If you have not heard from the coordinator, within one week please contact FSM.
We believe prayer covering makes a huge difference in each person’s receptivity to what God wants to do in him or her. If you are accepted into the program, we strongly encourage you to ask one or two trustworthy friends to pray for you weekly while you are in this program.
To apply for Living Free, fill out and submit our Support Group Application. (If there is a reference to "Living Waters" [our former program] please know we have replaced it with Living Free.)